How do I know what the right investment strategy is for me?
While many of us don’t realize it, we are constantly engaged in subconscious acts of investment planning all the time. We plan how best to invest the next block of the limited time we have at our disposal. Would that two hours be best spent visiting a friend at the hospital, or would it be better invested, say, by taking the kids to a ball game? We do some longer-term planning too — does it pay to invest the time and effort studying for a degree in the arts, or would we get a better return studying to pass the bar exam?
So, why don’t we invest the same amount of time planning our investments?
Why Investment Management is Important
It’s been said: what you sow, so shall you reap! When it comes to enjoying the fruits of your investment, truer words were never spoken. Even if you don’t have thousands of dollars to invest, simply taking the time to decide where to “park” the money until you need it can be a rewarding investment planning exercise.
How your money grows, what you pay for that growth, and the ease and comfort with which you “journey” towards reaping the rewards of your investments, are all important aspects of a good investment plan. In the absence of such a plan, your financial future could be in jeopardy!
What We Can Do For You
Investment and portfolio management is based on these simple facts: Market timing doesn’t work! Creating and preserving wealth needs diversification! Focus on the long-term, and don’t let short-term diversions distract you! Investing is about more than just making money – it’s also about helping you achieve your financial goals!
Here’s what we will help you accomplish in managing your investments/portfolio:
- Understanding your financial goals: Through an intense yet structured “Getting to Know You” process, we’ll understand what your financial goals are, and we’ll help you prioritize some of the most pressing short, medium and long-term financial objectives you’d like to accomplish.
- Analyze a point-in-time snapshot: The next step is to analyze where you are today, in terms of your savings and current investment portfolio. Sometimes, this phase of our review results in actionable steps that can immediately benefit you – like cutting your losses in a sinking investment or leveraging some profit-harvesting and tax-selling opportunities in highly successful ones.
- Proposing an investment strategy: With that information in hand, we can draw-up comprehensive personalized investment strategies that will help you reach your financial objectives. This may be accomplished by building upon your existing portfolio, or proposing a set of cost-effective, tax-efficient, age-appropriate, risk-averse investments that are aligned with your personal financial goals.
- Implementing the plan: Our Investment Planning approach is dynamic, and constantly evolves with your changing circumstances. We’ll guide and advise you on investment plan transitions as you go through life and life-style changes.
- Watching over your investments: We’ll monitor and review your investments, plans and strategies in light of changing investment climates.
- Consult, advise and counsel: Ours is an ongoing partnership. Throughout our relationship with you, we’ll keep you informed, and communicate constantly with you about proposed changes and potential risks or opportunities for your investments.