What is the best way to manage your assets?
You and your family (partner/spouse) work hard to accumulate assets over a lifetime. The hope is that, when the time comes for you to leverage those assets, they’ll be there for you to benefit from. Asset management is all about helping you manage those financial assets using a prudent and conscientious approach.
Why Asset Management is Important
Individuals and families depend on the assets they accumulate over the years, being able to sustain them later in life – in retirement or in the event of an unforeseen need. However, not everyone has the time to monitor and manage those assets. And even if you do have the time, you might not have the skills or patience to do so. In not managing your assets diligently over your accumulation phase, you could leave them exposed to erosion, destruction, or depletion. The result: you might not have those assets (or a significant portion of them) for those times when you really need them.
What We Can Do For You
Our Asset Management strategy and services cover:
- Determine your objectives: Not everyone has the same financial objectives for accumulating their wealth. To manage your assets prudently, we first need to understand what your short and long-term goals are for initial accumulation and subsequent ability to use those assets.
- Help you choose your optimal asset mix: There are literally hundreds of asset classes and types that you can invest in, and as many ways to do so. Depending on your goals for asset use, we’ll help you choose the right sets of assets that will most efficiently and effectively accomplish those goals.
- Create a strategic asset allocation plan (SAAP) and tactical asset allocation plan (TAAP): Successful investing is all about successful planning. We’ll help create both long-term (strategic) and short-term (tactical) asset allocation and management plans that are in line with the recommended asset mix.
- Building your portfolio: Today, thanks to DIY-investing, anyone can create a discount brokerage account and start buying assets and include them into a modern investment portfolio. However, that’s not necessarily the most efficient or effective way to create long-term wealth. Using the agreed-upon allocation mix, we’ll build a results-focused portfolio of individual investments (Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Alternate investments, etc) that will help you reach your financial objectives.
- Managing and monitoring your portfolio: Unless you have the time, patience, and energy to dedicate to portfolio management, it can’t be done effectively. We know you have other things to do – such as living a life you love and spending quality time with those you care about, so we’ll watch over the portfolio for you, making sure it never strays from delivering the objectives you desire.
- Measuring performance: We track the performance of your assets under our care and consistently measure how they are performing against industry-recognized benchmarks.
- Managing risk: Our Asset Management strategy includes appropriate risk mitigation as part of this service. Where there are new risks to the portfolio, we’ll consult with you and propose timely and appropriate actions to manage and mitigate them.
Reviewing, reporting, and recommending changes and revisions to the strategy: Our Asset Management service is based on consistent and open communication and collaboration with our clients. Through regularly scheduled reporting and conversations, we ensure that your asset management plans are continually reviewed, revised and updated to meet your changing life circumstances.